Sunday, July 13, 2014

FINDING MARLON BRANDO IN MY BED

Have dreams--the good ones--set you off on the right path in the morning? Me, too. And this is just one of the dreams that helped in not giving up on my storytelling dream project. Even during those periods when I worked diligently on my stories, every now and then I needed a boost. I needed a dream that offered encouragement to keep going. This is a dream that really inspired me:



I am working at a new place and am somewhat confounded about the nature of my work. The job is to write little snippets of information on pieces of paper. Then, I'm supposed to put these pieces of information in a designated place, so that people can come by and read them.

Marlon Brando is here. We both work at the same job. Going about doing my job, I seek to get some attention from him, so I wonder, harkening back to feminine wiles, does he notice my legs? The short skirt and high heels I wear show off my legs. And, surprisingly, I look thin, shapely, and my hair looks nice, and it isn't gray! But, alas, Marlon keeps his nose to the grindstone, though I know he's favorably aware of me. But it is clear from his actions that it is only in a work capacity.

I know I'm doing well at this job, even though I don't quite understand everything that I'm doing.

OK, let's look at the features: This wasn't a frivolous, glitzy movie star dream. Notice Marlon kept his nose to the grindstone and not only worked, but only observed my work ability. It's all about work. Marlon Brando, a famously huge talent, with an abundance of tangible evidence of success--and he's working with me? I got a lot of good vibes from this dream.

My take on all this? It represented a potent reminder to keep my nose to the grindstone and maybe, just maybe, I could derive something tangible from it. 

As an interesting aside: Upon waking, the song that kept repeating in my head was: Beyond the Blue Horizon (waits a beautiful day, goodbye to things that bore me, joy is waiting for me, etc.)*

To me, this was a welcome sign. Couldn't be better. Always pay attention to songs that are already stuck in your head upon waking. They are often harbingers that support your dream content.




*Beyond the Blue Horizon By Franke Harling, Richard A. Whiting. Lyrics by Leo Rubin, 1938.
Allposters: Marlon Brando poster.



No comments:

Post a Comment